Transformations is Looking for Talented People!
We are seeking talented applicants for psychology postdoctoral fellowship and adult psychologist positions. Applicants should have a special interest in working with LGBTQ+ individuals and providing evidence-based care. Training and supervision are available. Positions are W-2, with the option for hybrid work.
Transformations Health & Wellness (THW) is a growing group private practice serving clients in Richmond, Virginia and nationwide in PSYPACT-participating states. At Transformations our mission is to create an affirming, therapeutic space to help people heal, grow, and thrive as their authentic selves. We specialize in providing LGBTQ+ affirming mental health care. We aspire to provide the highest-quality, personalized, evidence-based mental health care in the Richmond area and aim to help all our clients to feel seen, heard, and valued.
At THW we aim to be a leader in providing training, supervision, continuing education, and mentorship at the intersection of LGBTQ+ affirmative mental health care and evidence-based mental health treatments (including CBT, ACT, and exposure-based therapies). We aspire to create a practice that includes clinicians across multiple levels of training, clinical experience, and expertise. In the long-term, we also plan to become a multidisciplinary practice that meets a broad range of health and wellness needs of the LGBTQ+ community.
THW is seeking applicants for postdoctoral fellowship and/or adult psychologist positions, with a special interest in working with LGBTQ+ individuals and providing evidence-based care. These positions provide services to adults who are seeking care for wide range of mental health difficulties. Common presenting concerns include anxiety, depression, and PTSD, as well as identity development and gender transition-related concerns.
Both positions are full-time clinical roles. The time to build a full caseload may vary. Direct clinical hours will vary based on level of position. Staff psychologists will be expected to have a caseload 20 clinical hours at minimum. Postdoctoral fellows will be expected to have a caseload of 15 clinical hours at minimum.
Duties will include conducting psychosocial and diagnostic assessments, providing individual therapy, and completing timely documentation. Interest in providing relationship or group therapy is desired. Clinicians may also contribute to professional and community webinars, writing (ex. blogging), media engagement, and social media management if interested.
For postdoctoral fellowship applicants, it may be possible to transition to a full-time staff psychologist, including a pay increase, at the conclusion of the fellowship (depending on fit).
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited training program.
- Completed pre-doctoral internship from an APA-accredited internship site.
- Have a strong in working with clients of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Have a strong background in and commitment to evidence-based cognitive behavioral therapies, broadly defined to include third-wave modalities such as acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) in addition to traditional cognitive, behavioral, and exposure-based therapies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work well across disciplines, and function within a team setting.
- Enjoy teamwork and connecting with others.
- Have a strong interest in teaching, supervising, and/or mentoring.
- Candidates for the Psychologist position must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Virginia. (For those who have completed a post-doctoral fellowship and are seeking licensure, we will provide weekly individual supervision until VA licensure is obtained. Postdoctoral fellows will receive weekly individual supervision with a licensed clinical psychologist).
At THW we value clinician wellness and autonomy. We are dedicated to supporting clinicians as they work to provide the best care for their clients. We work to support all employees in maintaining a healthy work/life balance. As such positions offer the following:
- Specialized training in LGBTQ+ affirming mental health care.
- Specialized training in ACT and exposure-based therapies.
- Hybrid work.
- The opportunity to create a flexible work schedule.
- Weekly staff and case consultation meetings to ensure smooth operations and a supported staff.
- Formal supervision for pre-licensed psychologists and postdoctoral fellows and individual consultation to other licensed, early-career clinicians on our team.
- Professional development, business education, and upward mobility.
- Competitive pay and benefits including a monthly healthcare stipend, sick leave, and PTO*.
- CE membership to Clearly Clinical.
*In the future we plan to offer retirement benefits, health insurance, and annual professional development funds.
As a group practice, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive clinical service. We recognize that different backgrounds and experiences help to strengthen our team and provide better care. As part of your cover letter, if you choose, we welcome you to share how your personal and professional backgrounds would contribute to our team and mission.
We ask that interested candidates send the following information to Dr. Milo Wilson at email@example.com:
- A cover letter expressing your interest and relevant training and clinical experience.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A list of three professional references with email and phone contact information.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions have been filled starting in January 2024. Exact start date can be flexible.